Friday 20 May 2016

Create your own inspiration.

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week, I'm creating my own Pinterest style inspiration poster!


Using Mama Elephant's Block Party Letters, and the oh so beautiful Gansai Tambi Starry Colours.


You know the sort of thing I mean, they're very 'in' right now, always pretty with some cool fonts or graphics inspiring us to live the best life we can...or dare to dream to in any case.  Well...why not create your own?


I started by stamping out my chosen 'inspirational' quote using Mama Elephant's Block Party Letters and filling/masking them off with drawing gum (I've said it before and I'll say it again - this stuff is a must-have in your stash and if you haven't already tried it - you neeeed to!).  
I love alphabet sets as you can say anything and everything you want to.  It also means you can write sentiments in your own dialect, which for a northerner like me, is amazing (have you ever tried to find a card with 'mam' on it from your mainstream high street store? ...impossible!).  I especially love how these letters are open so your choices on how to colour them are limited only to what you have in your stash, and your own imagination!  I coloured mine using the Gansai Tambi Starry watercolour set as it fit perfect with the image I had in my head of a 'Pinterest' style poster.  Nothing to do with the fact I am in love/obsessed with them and can't put them down :) .


Once my drawing gum was dry, I created a watercolour wash over the background (well, it wouldn't be me if I didn't include a wash somewhere eh?!) and left to dry.  I then gently removed my gum and painted in my letters, like I say, using the absolutely beautiful Gansai Tambi Starry Colours.  The fact you get so many different shades of gold means you can create light and shadows to help with dimension.  I added a good few flicks and splashes of gold across the back and embellished with a scattering of sequins.  I matted my panel onto a piece of card I had gold embossed the edges of, mounted onto an Avery Elle notecard, and there you have it.

Now I did make another card, in exactly the same way (with a little addition of Sketchy Letters & Glossy Accents), for my friend's 40th birthday to emphasise how cool it can be to create your own sentiment saying exactly what you want to say...but forgot to photograph it before sending it!  Doh!  So got my friend to photograph it and send them over haha - and here they are...oh...and Happy 40th Stu :)


I hope you like them, and that they maybe inspire you to get inspirational!

As always, everything I used is linked below.

See you next week.

Jillx

Block Party Letters Image 1  Gansai Tambi Starry Colours Watercolour Pan Set (6)  Midnight Collection Notecards (12 pack) Image 1

2 comments:

  1. Love this! These posters are fab, and I love your versions even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous!!! I so want those starry watercolours :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team