Tuesday 24 May 2016

Dura-lar Flowers!


Hey! Hope you're doing ok?
I'm here with a new-to-me product called Dura-lar for the very reason that I wanted an acetate that could be sculpted.
Now you can get this look with plain acetate just without so much of the moulding. It's easy...
Stamp your images onto the polyester film.
I've used the Winnie & Walter sets In Bloom:Renee's Leaves & In Bloom:Anna's Flora
It makes these flowers even more interesting, that I can mould them. You simply dip them in hot water, mould under water and then bring out still holding onto the shape which then fixes it.
This is the completed card- I just wish you could see the shine!
The really hard bit was painting. I can't make paints do what I'd normally do with pencils or markers. To be hones, I rushed it. But there's definitely room for improvement!
Hopefully you can see on the next picture both the shine and the shape in the images
 It's so much fun creating shiny flowers by painting underneath acetate. It's a simple technique and you can use any acrylic paint. I do find the more you pay, the better the quality, but you could achieve the same look with paint nicked (borrowed) from your kid's room ;-)
It's a bolder brighter look and makes these flowers really look alive!
Do hope you'll give the technique a go!

See you soon!
xx


5 comments:

  1. I just can't believe how creative you are, Keren! Your projects keep amazing me, fantastic job! You are like the British version of Jennifer McGuire! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Keren - this is brilliant! I love these flowers! Reminds a bit of the Clearly for Art (Wendy Vecchi) film sheets from a few years back.....I confess I bought some but have never used it :-( shame on me.
    all the best,
    Liz M x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team