Thursday 19 May 2016

Watercolour & Gold



Hello everyone and happy Thursday! Lydia here with you and I'm so happy you stopped by.

Today I have a watercolour and gold creation to share.


When I saw the cute little whimsy flowers in My Favorite Things 'Pretty Posies' set I knew I had to have it!

I started with a piece of watercolour card and stamped and embossed the flowers and leaves in white. I had the floral images more concentrated at the top and fewer 'floating' down.

Once the embossing was cool I added a wash over and around the flowers using pinks and orange- I kept this quite light as I wanted the flowers to stand out more. When the wash was dry I added more of the same colours to the flowers and I just love the look this gives.



I then waited for it to dry before adding drops of 2 way glue around the flowers, I waited for this to go clear before adding some foil on top- yay... gold foil studs! For some added gold to the background I added some gold splatters.

For some added detail I used the stitched line from Mama Elephant 'Fine Trimmings' around the edges of the piece of watercolour card.



For the sentiment I used Concord & 9th 'Beautiful You' die set, I cut the 'beautiful' out of gold card, and it looks amazing. I finished the sentiment off using a 'you are' embossed in gold on a strip of vellum from Altenew 'Thinking Of You'.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Hugs Lydia x


4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and feminine! Really gorgeous work. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning! Definitely have to try something similar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning! Definitely have to try something similar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!
    Just found this Blog ..... love the inspiration you give !
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team