Tuesday 31 January 2017

Selective Colour Florals

Hello and thanks for joining me.

My card today is inspired by selective colour photos, where one part of the image stays in colour whilst the rest is black and white.


On a white card base, I stamped the flower and leaf outlines from the WPlus9 Pretty Peonies set. I left gaps around each image as, without colour, they need some separation to stand out.

On the largest peony, I stamped the other layers in colour, using some Altenew inks.

For the sentiment, I white heat embossed a greeting on black card. I used a Lawn Fawn banner die to cut it out (alternative option linked below) and added it to the card with foam squares for dimension. To bring out the colour of the peony some more, I added some pink sequins.

I was pleased with the design so I created two more in different colours, with matching enamel dots.


For the orange flower card, I rotated the design for a different look. I've added links to the end of the post for the supplies used.


Have a lovely day,
Gemma

WPlus9 Pretty Peonies
Altenew Birthday Greetings
LF Everyday Sentiment Banners
Altenew inks

Altenew Inks
WPlus9 Banner Trio



2 comments:

  1. How gorgeous, Gemma! These look absolutely fantastic, so vivid and incredibly stylish <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team