Monday 31 July 2017

Playing with Plaid

Hello there, it's a Monday morning so it's Jenny here again :)

Do you like Plaid?? I think the word brings the Scottish Tartans to mind in the traditional reds and greens but when you type the word into Pinterest you can see any colour goes!! I bought the Waffleflower Plaid Play from the recent release and set about trying my hand at making a pattern.....


I found a lovely plaid on Pinterest and decided to loosely copy the colours and pattern using the different widths stamps in the set.  To prep my piece of card I used the MFT Scattered Surface background with Versamark ink and stamped it twice, turning it 90° between impressions, to give the panel a look of material.... the Versamark shows through the dye ink like little flecks :)
(Unfortunately that background is currently out of stock but you could try the Denim background for a similar effect)


As you can see from the photo I used a gridded paper pad to do my stamping on, I find it easier and less hassle than a stamping tool for this sort of pattern stamping.... the long Lawn Fawn Acrylic block helps too :) 

A top tip for these solid type of stamps is to use them on scrap paper and wipe them clean a few times to get them conditioned before putting them near your cardstock, it's well worth the extra time ;)

When I'd finished the pattern I used one of the dashed line stamps from the set and white pigment ink on top of the green stripes to add texture and then added white gel pen lines alongside the yellow stripes. The sentiment is from a Neat & Tangled set called Across the Card which does exactly that.... go across the card. I then stamped it again on white card so I could cut out the rectangulart label part and pop it up on foam tape...


I'm pretty pleased with it and perfect for a guys card which is exactly what I need for a birthday this week :)


               

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

1 comment:

  1. I am well impressed!!!!:) it does indeed look like material and how simple you make it look though I know its not!x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team