Tuesday 8 August 2017

Hello Veggies

Hi there, it's Jenny here and apologies for the title... I wasn't being cheeky!! Lol
I have a one layer card to share with you today that involves a lot of lovely stamping.... my favourite ;)


Next Monday sees the start of National Allotment week so I thought I'd go veggie with my card and stamp an 'all over' pattern with Lawn Fawn's Rooting for You set. We have a pretty productive allotment down the bottom of the garden.... hubbies pride and joy, so I can't resist a stamp set like this one. I haven't added the faces and used the rock n roll technique to add extra colours and shading the the solid stamps.

I'm no expert on pattern building but I've tried to use the rule of placing the same images in a rough triangular shape as this seems to help with the pattern repeat and is more pleasing to the eye. When I had finished I thought the gaps looked more spacious in some areas so I used one of the typed words from the set and a few dots to fill in the larger spaces.... rather than using a dot stamp I pressed my embossing stylus into the ink and made a mark with that instead!


I was tempted to leave it as a notelet but then decided a simple Hello would look good, I've layered three die-cuts from the Quote Tag dies set and adhered them to the card front.
When I had finished stamping out this design my inky fingers looked like I'd spent time in the garden.... you can be a green fingered gardener and stamper ;)


                                

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card and great pattern making on the background. Great tip with the stylus and chuckled at the green finger gardener and a stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card! I love the pattern and the shading on the images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours, and detail you got on the solid images. Such a fun card. (and so proud of you for having a great allotment/veg plot!) ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team