Tuesday 3 April 2018

Plane and Simple Embossing


Hello, Gemma here and today I’m sharing a card featuring a white heat embossed acetate panel. I love the look of this technique, especially when layered over a panel of colour.


I cut a piece of heat resistant acetate and treated it with an anti-static powder bag. Acetate is prone to a lot of static so this is an important step. I stamped the clouds from the Lawn Fawn Plane and Simple stamp set with versamark ink, then heat embossed them with white embossing powder. I repeated this until the acetate was covered with clouds, each time treating the acetate panel with the anti-static powder.

I cut two panels of white card stock, the same width as my A6 landscape card base but about 3cm each in height. I adhered the acetate panel between them, to make one panel the same height as my card base.


On the card base, I blended on some distress oxide ink in salty ocean and blueprint sketch, flicking it with water for distress details.

I added foam tape behind the card pieces then adhered the panel to my card base. This gives the acetate panel some nice dimension and I love the shadows of the clouds against the card base.

I stamped more images from the Plane and Simple stamp set, colouring them with alcohol markers and fussy cutting them out. I adhered the plane and banner on the acetate panel with foam tape, then a few clouds on the card panels to finish.


Thanks for joining me today,
Gemma






1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team