Tuesday 10 April 2018

Rainbow Stripes


Hello, Gemma here today to share a card featuring a rainbow background. I actually made the background several months back, but then I got stuck and was unsure where to go next. When this happens, I prefer to put the project aside and come back to it another time.


I used the Altenew Watercolour Stripes stencil and some lovely distress oxides to create the background. I added the colour straight onto the card base. I then flicked the background with a mix of gold perfect pearls and water.

When I came back to the panel recently, I decided to allow the background to be the star and just add a simple sentiment over the top.


I die cut a Lawn Fawn stitched square from white card, and gold heat embossed a greeting from the Mama Elephant Scripty Bday stamp set.

I layered it with foam tape over a larger vellum stitched square, then adhered it to the rainbow card base.


I finished by adding some Neat and Tangled Like Magic sequins in different sizes around the card.

Thanks for joining me today,
Gemma






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team